Mid-sized (100+ employees) and large businesses (1000+ employees) unquestionably need comprehensive internal business continuity programs. Why? Just because!
OK, I didn't think that you'd buy that so seriously, here's why:
- The world is not as safe and cuddly as it once was (I'm not sure... was it ever really safe and cuddly or did it just seem that way in the US of A before September 11th), and planning toward preparedness and resiliency are essential components of running a business.
- The TRUE and CONSTANT value of good business continuity management is in the streamlining of critical business processes to help ensure timely recoverability following an interruption event or disaster but more importantly (drumroll, please) to make them more efficient and cost effective on a daily basis and for the foreseeable future. (Did you actually see your savings as dollar signs when reading that last sentence? I do.)
- Preparedness and empowerment are states of mind. I ain’t gonna lie. No business can successfully protect itself from everything… we can’t even imagine the things that we will have to protect from in the future! (Aliens disguised as staplers that are downloading your data to the big ship? Just a thought. I’m watching my stapler very carefully.)
- Regulatory requirements are growing in leaps and bounds. As are the penalties.
- Remember a time when there were no internal auditing departments? Them was the days but we’ve all realized there are some things that are requirements and business continuity management is the wave of the present. Essential. Here. And now.
ContinuityWorks services for mid but even more so, large sized businesses is in the role of mentor, advisor, and strategic partner in training, developing, and growing your new or existing internal business continuity program.
We will NOT write your plans for you. Sorry, but this is something that businesses have to own. We believe in the 'teaching to fish' methodology. No fish.
We have a team of strategic partners and preferred vendors (true performers, and no, we don't take any kickbacks) to support building a comprehensive program for business continuity, disaster-aversion, and whatever else you need in support of your mission for resiliency, preparedness, and positive culture change. As well as help automating the process to make it easier to maintain over time.
Engagements of this type are priced based on where you are in the BCM process, the size of your company, and how close we are going to buddy up to get it done, whatever it is. Custom quotes are available upon request and based on an initial no-cost / no-obligation consultation.