What Keeps You Up At Night?
Things That Might Keep You Up At Night:
So here's the thing... the things...
It would be crazy-making to spend all your time worrying about what can happen... if... and if yes, when, and how... Crazy making, right?
But still, there are some things... not a few... actually many things that can happen. That doesn't mean that all apply to you or that they need to be in your purview but you do need to know that they exist....so here's a little tickler list:
- Flood, fire, avalanche, or other natural disaster
- Business process failures ( when the way it's supposed to work, doesn't work)
- Power Failure
- Data corruption
- Staffing issues, lack of staff / underperforming staff
- Loss of Wi-Fi access
- Facility Security issues
- Creeping Crud (also known as Bad Bosses who are not Leaders)
- Single Points of Failure (Only one person or one way to do something really important!)
- Bad travel policies (yo, you can not get on that plane, the same plane, or at the same time!!!!)
- Active Shooter Incident (Run, Hide, Fight)
- Loss of Intellectual Capital (Downsizing and outsourcing aren't always the money-savers that businesses imagine or intend.)
We could go on, but you get the idea. And we love your ideas about interruption and productivity loss events so please share.
If it's happened once, it can happen again. So let's plan on it.